As the demand for all-flash arrays is increasing, more and more IT vendors are offering it which has significantly dropped its prices. This change in the IT terrain has to lead many IT professionals and managed service providers to wonder if they should make a switch to SSA and AFA as a new computer storage solution. But what these professionals should be questioning is if the All-Flash-Arrays is good enough in comparison with the hybrid arrays. So, how to make a differentiation? Let’s find out here:
Generally, IT professional from Virginia Beach IT services companies compare the prices and performance level of both the storage solutions to make the right pick.
Since Flash Storage is way faster but also costlier than the HDD storage, it has created an environment where IT professionals have to choose over quicker or cheaper storage solution. To counter this situation, IT innovators developed a new storage solution called Hybrid flash array.
Hybrid Flash Arrays: The Pros and Cons
With the invention of Hybrid Flash Arrays, vendors wanted to improve IOPS and reduce read latency. Since it is made from flash and disk storage technology, it has the best of both worlds.
So let’s find out what advantages a business can get by applying hybrid flash arrays:
- Hybrid Flash Array storage solution is cheaper than the All-Flash Array.
- It has the best of AFA and HDD storage
- It is suitable for business with low transaction needs
- It offers file storage, backup, and data recovery facility and more storage capacity.
- It has a high-performance level but much cheaper than AFA.
The Disadvantages of Hybrid Flash Cons:
- In most cases, it has low performance as compared to All-flash storage. But it dramatically varies depending on the needs of a business.
- Most often there are chances of overcrowded flash and ultimately reduced performance.
- Since the IT infrastructure is an old model, support services are not always available.
All-Flash Arrays: The Pros and Cons
AFA is for the businesses who are up on their toes and need excellent processing speed. For businesses looking for performance, they should definitely opt for AFA. Since the files and data are stored in SSD, AFA solution provides a significant number of IOPS. But the AFA lacks in storage capacity offered by Hybrid Flash Array. And when it comes to the cost, it is still expensive. But since AFA provides value for the money, most MSPs choose it over other storage solutions.
The Advantages of All-Flash Arrays:
- It is fast and provides optimal performance
- It is most suitable for high I/O needs
- It has low operational costs
- It utilizes less space
- It uses relatively less power
- It has a high utilization ratio
- It can be used for high transaction tasks
- It provides a speedy management interface
The disadvantage of All-Flash Cons:
- It is very costly
- Needs RAID protection
- Cannot be used if one needs high storage capacity
- Performance can degrade if the full capacity is used
- Increased dependency on dedupe and compression.
When it comes to the technology you need to run your business, going through all the solutions possible is quite impossible, for which your business needs to meet IT level of expertise options. Network Solutions Provider does more than just sell technology — combining IT and business expertise to develop strategies that align with needs and goals always proves to be beneficial for the technology aspects of running a Business.
IT consulting catch possible problems that are lurking in your systems and processes, stopping them before they harm your company. In other words, our IT Consulting companies can help you optimize costs, decrease risk, and produce a larger come again on your investments.
With IT Consulting from Computer Network Solutions Provider, you can expect:
- Modified solutions- based on current knowledge standards and best practices
- IT assessments- so we can better understand your business’s tenderness points
- Industry proficiency- allows us to modify a explanation that fits your production
- Full IT Services- including planning, procurement, achievement, and current executive\
Computer network solutions believe the main focus of a client should be nowhere but only to their core business and not technology. Taking care of technology is consultant’s cup of tea. It is mandatory to understand a business completely before getting started and then accompanying technological needs so we can provide custom tailored solutions that meet business’s agenda. Creating cost effective solutions, and delivering the technology should be the chief aim of consulting companies.
A technology firm is only as capable as the relationship it holds to its hardware partners. You’re in luck, Dynamic Network Solutions is partnered with several distributors and manufacturers, including but not limited to: Synnex, Dell Premier for Education and Business, and Aruba. If you need something, not only do we have access, we have discount pricing available for you as well.
a network consulting company that is focused on helping our clients find and implement innovative, reliable, and cost effective solutions for their technology needs. Founded in 1999, Connectivity’s primary business was wide area network consulting, design and implementation. Over time Connectivity has evolved to become a full service network consulting firm.
A brief look to some issues that in technology a business can face and which are resolved by IT consulting companies:
- Your computer network crashes constantly or is always running slowly
- Your printer’s not working correctly
- Your applications are giving you error messages, hanging up, or suddenly crashing
- The Internet is down, either for a single user or company-wide
- Employees can’t send or receive e-mail
- You’re struggling to set up that must-have, cool new gadget
- You think you may have a virus infection either on a single machine or company-wide
- You get the dreaded black screen of death
- You’re being bombarded by constant pop-up ads and spam
- Things are either not quite right or completely screwed up!